skyblue Perspectives
5
.
moon
.
sky
Welcome.
Please give me your blog links, esp. if they have previously been on this blog. Thank you.
Thursday, January 25, 2007
Mel and I went to help yan for a banquet function today. After struggling with the banquet uniform, we struggled to get our hair into a bun, struggled with the hairs sticking out, and met yan and the others at the loading bay. Got the flowers up to Seah St and got into a minibus there. Hmm was surprised at the few numbers going for the function, but upon reaching realised we had only two tables of 12 each to serve. Here are some of the details.
Location of function: The Istana
Host: The Prime Minister of Singapore
Guest: The President of Uzbekistan
Location of country: Central Asia near Russia
Language: Russian
Staff language: Singlish
Time of work: 8am to 4pm
Time of lunch: 1.15pm to 2.15pm
Menu: 4-course lunch of Appetizer, Soup, Main course, Dessert,Coffee/Tea and Chocolates
Appetizer: Lobster Medallion with crab claw and buckwheat salad
Soup: some soup with two Dumplings in it
Main course: Beef steak with mash potato and asparagus
Dessert: Passionfruit tart with strawberry ice-cream
One of the guests asked for decaf coffee. Shouldnt have told her we have it cause we didn't. Caused some confusion, a little panic, but we finally managed to serve her camomille tea instead. Besides presenting the dishes and clearing plates, I had to stay in the room to ensure their glasses of red and white wine and water were full. I was serving the other table besides the VIP table, when I noticed this particular guy just kept wolfing down his soup and drinks. In between every spoon of soup he drank, he jerked in his seat. I was really wondering what was happening till I realised he's hiccupping. Hah.
But compared to the last function I went for, this one today is much better. For the one at Eden Hall I had no instructions on what to do, no experience in any of the banquet stuff, had no one with me, knew no one from banquet, and so ended up quite lost. Yan helped me out a bit then, but it was still bad. I could feel my nerves shaking in me. This time I absolutely felt no panic, and it was quite relaxing in fact. It was Mel's first time. Think she shook a little but not as bad as me, considering how little experience she's had generally in terms of service, but she had fun. We both had fun, but we decided we wont ever switch over to banquet even though the pay is better, you learn more, and you probably get to keep your tips. BBR is our territory, our di4 pan2. Wahaha.
if I ever get a bill with over $150 for drinks, I'm gonna claim that $5 from Damien. =P
5.moon.sky
8:30 pm
This picture was taken at a CSS 2006 Trivarsity Retreat at The Church of St. Teresa, by a fellow retreat cum CSS member.
Besides its bluish hue, I love how the shot was taken: from the church looking out to the city. We are often attracted by
the excitement that this world has to offer, but we should often be reminded that as Catholics, it is important
to look back at our selves to reflect, and to turn to God as often as it possible. For we are, afterall, children of God.
I thought of replacing this picture when I lost my template, but I could not find another so full of meaning and beauty to me.
It reminds me of my identities and roles - my spirituality, my God, my home, the people who read this blog, and of my own beauty.
Nicole
13 October 1987
(what do people usually say?)
a person of few words
unless you know me really well
but since you're reading this blog most likely you do
so whatever you don't already know about me you should be able to find it out here
anything else, just ask me
ninjaturtle87@hotmail.com
oh and don't bother asking me out
unless you want to go Down Under
mood: resigned
song in her head: wants to give you up. she knows you're not the one. not the one who understands her. not the one who wants to support her and love her for all her imperfections.
Get awesome blog templates
like this one from BlogSkins.com