skyblue Perspectives
5
.
moon
.
sky
Welcome.
Please give me your blog links, esp. if they have previously been on this blog. Thank you.
Sunday, March 04, 2007
And so yesterday we went out. Gy, batman, joey and I went down to Big W and Safeway to get our household goods and groceries. I bought a pan cover 30cm in size for my pan. Use it for steaming stuff and frying veges. Bought more clothes hangers too. You never really realised how many pieces of clothing you have till you start washing them yourself, but then again, when you run out of clothes to wear, you'd think you really don't have enough.
It's all a matter of Perspective I suppose. According to the 'inertial frame of reference' theory, when you're in a car, the car is moving and you don't know you're in it, you would be wondering why that object hanging down from the windscreen is moving towards you. By one of Newton's laws, this should not be happening. However, if you were out of the car, you would then understand why: you would know that it's because the car is moving. Confusing? Another example. In the past, people didn't know the earth rotates, and so they wonder why there is day and night. Now, from the spaceship, out of the earth, we can see it's rotating, and so it makes sense as to why we get day and night.
So, when you're in a dilemma, and you do not know why everything is happening to you, why you feel the way you feel, step out of Planet Earth and look down at where you are. You might just see why.
Enough of Physics. Anw the guys bought so much food! They bought 2 loaves of bread each, ham, cheese etc etc for a week. I can't even finish one loaf of bread in 2 weeks, and I still have cheese in my fridge since 3 weeks ago. That's the good thing about being a girl. You spend less on groceries. Then again, the money we save on food goes to our clothes. Ooops.
After that we went home, put down our things and met fax at Big W. Batman wasn't feeling too well, so he stayed at home to cook dinner for us. Hehe. Walked down to the Beijing Dumplings Restaurant for lunch. The portion they give is large. I shared with gy (anothr example of saving money on food). The dishes are too oily though. In this country, the number free thing is salt. The second should be oil. Maybe that's only in Chinese restaurants. The oil I mean.
After lunch we took a tram down to the Royal Botanic Gardens. We walked for about half an hour, taking lots of pics before we realised that that stretch of greenery and monuments isn't even the botanic gardens yet! Faints. The RBG (primary colours. haha.) is really quite large, with different 'themes' in it. There's a lake there, with algal bloom in it, lots of ducks and swans. We amused ourselves with the animals (we are budding vets afterall. most of us anw) and went towards the visitor's centre. On the way there we found spider webs with one dried leaf stuck in each. We looked down a rolled-up leaf and saw two eyes stare back. Freaky. Turns out that the spidey hides there to wait for its prey. At the visitor's centre, we found a souvenoir shop with a cute spidey stuff toy! Haha. There was also an observatory there, and they were going to have the viewing of saturn in march. So cool. After finding out that it cost $18 for adults, I suddenly remembered that I've seen it before 2 years ago, through a telescope, so it's nothing new to me. Don't think the rest are interested anw.
We took a tram back, and halfway through gy, joey n I decided to stop for ice-cream. Fax went home to fetch su san. Who said that day was supposed to be cold! When I stepped out of the house the wind that blew was warm! Warm! Trampoline (a shop) ice-cream is good. We had hazelnut flavour (RH's one still beats it, though they no longer have it), mango, lemon, coffee and chocolate. The mango and lemon is really good. Should try the strawberry someday.
The three of us went to my room to get some groceries from my fridge, then walked over to their house for dinner. Haha we cooked chicken rice, using a pre-mix packet. Turns out quite all right, except that the rice needed a little more taste. The soup was good. Fax brought su san and a dessert wine, and that was good too. Played cards after dinner till 10.30pm, and batman and joey had to walk me home. Haha feel bad. Maybe I really should move after june. Their place is nearer the vet campus, and that will be useful next year. And it's nearer to the uni than my place, even for this year. It's cheaper, and they provide cutleries like knives and dish dryers and dustbins. Less shelves and a smaller window though. It's further from the city (I can walk to 'orchard rd' in 10 mins now =D), but at least I wont be so isolated. =S Like a bacteria. All it takes is one. Just one. One.
Pics ourtesy of Su San

Fax, hong yao, joey, su san, me and gong yue
Gong yue, me and su san
Happy Birthday Inn! =)
5.moon.sky
5:28 pm
This picture was taken at a CSS 2006 Trivarsity Retreat at The Church of St. Teresa, by a fellow retreat cum CSS member.
Besides its bluish hue, I love how the shot was taken: from the church looking out to the city. We are often attracted by
the excitement that this world has to offer, but we should often be reminded that as Catholics, it is important
to look back at our selves to reflect, and to turn to God as often as it possible. For we are, afterall, children of God.
I thought of replacing this picture when I lost my template, but I could not find another so full of meaning and beauty to me.
It reminds me of my identities and roles - my spirituality, my God, my home, the people who read this blog, and of my own beauty.
Nicole
13 October 1987
(what do people usually say?)
a person of few words
unless you know me really well
but since you're reading this blog most likely you do
so whatever you don't already know about me you should be able to find it out here
anything else, just ask me
ninjaturtle87@hotmail.com
oh and don't bother asking me out
unless you want to go Down Under
mood: resigned
song in her head: wants to give you up. she knows you're not the one. not the one who understands her. not the one who wants to support her and love her for all her imperfections.
Get awesome blog templates
like this one from BlogSkins.com