skyblue Perspectives
5
.
moon
.
sky
Welcome.
Please give me your blog links, esp. if they have previously been on this blog. Thank you.
Tuesday, March 20, 2007
Last fri night we had a COSDU talk at the chaplaincy about God's call to freedom, and what that freedom meant. It led to topics like what the Truth really is, and when faith in God comes into play. The way some of the questions were asked, I thought for a moment these people were atheists. Someone said something like "In two person's point of view, the truth might be different to the both of them. So how would we know which is the truth? In this case both points of view should be the truth, even if they contradict each other, because to each person, what they think is the truth." Hello, where's God? It sounded more like a philosophy session to me.
I should stop passing judgements. This is Lent afterall. I made a Lent resolution not to drink, after going to the bar that day, which I felt guilty about.
After the session, we went to Forefront, a Chinese restaurant for dinner. Halfway through my meal, Lionel called me, and asked if I was at Forefront. I couldnt hear what he was saying cause it was so noisy, so I got up and moved towards the door. When I finally could hear him, he told me he could see me and would be coming in. So I was looking out of the door, wondering where he was, until I decided to just go back and sit. Then I saw him seated at another table. Wah slaps. Make me look like an idiot only. He said he wasnt sure if it was me, so he decided to call first, and that 'prank' was quite last minute. Grrr.
After dinner, COSDU had a social outing. They said that they've always been wanting to plan it and they finally did it. Guess what? We went clubbing! No, please don't mistake that for excitement cause I went round telling people I didn't want to go because I didn't want to drink. They coaxed me saying that I didn't have to drink when I went there, which is true. So I went. It's The Beach and it's at docklands. We all shared a cab there, and it was free entry for ladies, so it wasn't expensive. When we reached there, there was free champagne for ladies till midnight. How could I resist it. I drank about two and a half glasses of champagne. They had reserved one of the VIP tables for us, and ordered a bottle of chivas. So I had two shots of chivas as well (I found it goes well with green tea). What a hypocrite. So much for the resolution not to drink. And I broke it cause the drinks were free. They ordered shots as well but they paid for it individually, so I didn't have that. What a cheapo too. And to think I'm still passing judgements on others. Argh time to stop seeing the speck of wood in other people's eyes and see the plank in mine.
The dance floor was not crowded and it was much better than zouk anytime. Though the music was a bit disappointing.
I met elizabeth there as well, with her other friends. Apparently she went for COSDU's welcome mass but have not turned up since, so she knows some of us.
Clubbing here isn't as suggestive as that in Singapore. I left at 1am. Is that early? Maybe the action hasn't started yet. Not that I want to be there to see it.
And so I reached home at 2am, and slept at 3am. Thank goodness sat grocery shopping started off with having lunch at lygon street, which is just behind my house. We went to Ying Thai. The recommendation of others was that it has good food, ok price, and bad service, which was true. Just that we realised they put lots of MSG in the soup when gong yue's neck starting aching... Weird reaction. She says it's called MSG poisoning. Good reason not to go back there. In order to 'cancel' the effect of the MSG, we went to Fredo's gelati! Sadly, it was not open yet. So we hunted the nearest gelati store down for our dose of lunch dessert, and headed to the market. Did our usual shopping and decided to have dinner together at their place that night. Gy pan fried lamb, which got rid of the kambing taste. I made potato salad. My first attempt and it's not bad, except that I added too much mustard in, so it was a bit too sour. At least it was appetizing. And guess what batman cooked? Beef stew! haha the previous time he made that at the potluck, the soup was white! Tasted like carrots cooked in low-fat milk. haha this time, with us to supervise him, he did much better. What a cheat, he used campbell mushroom soup instead of cream. In the end he didn't stir it enough so it was a bit burnt. Still nice though. =) Melissa and joey came after dinner, cause they both had something on, but they joined us for dessert which melissa bought. Donuts, muffins and choc mousse from 7-11. Surprising how reasonably good their desserts can be. Then we played bridge while batman washed up. After he was finally done, we taught him how to play and he got addicted. We kept playing cause we couldn't bear losing to him (beginner's luck I tell you), and went home half past midnight. Poor neighbours.
On sunday, I went for lunchtime mass at St Francis, then met up with gy and lionel for lunch and shopping. We had lunch at this jap outlet near Melbourne Station, and then we went to look for Krispy Kremes. Yes there's a few branches in Melbourne! Haha the donuts are good in that they are soft and krispy and the coating/filling is good, but... I miss my sun plaza 50cents donuts! They are the original type with sugar on it, but the dough tastes like dough. These days donuts don't taste like they have any dough in it. All you taste is the sugar coating or the other flavours of it. That's not the only point of donuts.
After that, we went down to Southbank's sunday art market to get a present for batman's friend. He says he doesnt know what to get a girl and it's belated, so it's quite urgent. Couldn't go himself cause he went to fight the Penguin with the Joker. Anw he gave us $50 for the pres, card, wrapping paper and ice-cream to treat the shoppers =D. We bought a bag which we saw the other time we came that we found so uber nice. It's a handmade handbag, so there's only one of it in the world, and it costs only $35. Very nice... We had to hunt down the card and wrapping paper though. There doesnt seem to be many stationery shops around and there's no Popular here. After we were done with these, poor Lionel with a flu went home first, while we continued shopping at Southern Cross DFO. I bought my first scarf for $19.95. It's very nice too... That shop has a few other scarves which I like as well, but I can only buy one at a time... =(
We decided to sit down for hot chocolate at a cafe called The Chocolate. The drink is called Belgian dark chocolate and it's hot chocolate with lots of dark chocolate flakes in it. Yums. But gy says Godiva's chocolate drinks are still better than this. I shall try it when I return home. We had two sticks of marshmellow with it too.
Then we decided to go for dinner. On the way to swanston, we passed by Lord of the Fries and decided to try a cone. Its potatoes are fresh and the sauce is really nice with sour cream. After that we were quite full, so we sat down above big w to wrap the present first. Couldn't find ribbons and so we cut the paper to tie it. Haiz so ugly... but no choice lah. Finally, we got to bourke st chomp chomp for dinner. Had chicken rice, which was horrible, but sufficient for reminiscence.
5.moon.sky
8:59 pm
This picture was taken at a CSS 2006 Trivarsity Retreat at The Church of St. Teresa, by a fellow retreat cum CSS member.
Besides its bluish hue, I love how the shot was taken: from the church looking out to the city. We are often attracted by
the excitement that this world has to offer, but we should often be reminded that as Catholics, it is important
to look back at our selves to reflect, and to turn to God as often as it possible. For we are, afterall, children of God.
I thought of replacing this picture when I lost my template, but I could not find another so full of meaning and beauty to me.
It reminds me of my identities and roles - my spirituality, my God, my home, the people who read this blog, and of my own beauty.
Nicole
13 October 1987
(what do people usually say?)
a person of few words
unless you know me really well
but since you're reading this blog most likely you do
so whatever you don't already know about me you should be able to find it out here
anything else, just ask me
ninjaturtle87@hotmail.com
oh and don't bother asking me out
unless you want to go Down Under
mood: resigned
song in her head: wants to give you up. she knows you're not the one. not the one who understands her. not the one who wants to support her and love her for all her imperfections.
Get awesome blog templates
like this one from BlogSkins.com