skyblue Perspectives
5
.
moon
.
sky
Welcome.
Please give me your blog links, esp. if they have previously been on this blog. Thank you.
Tuesday, July 31, 2007
My timetable really sucks. I shall not elaborate and all that I will say is that I end up spending one hour in the com lab whiling my time away waiting for my next lesson because I could not squeeze into this tut that I wanted. So I suppose it's time to blog about my weekend.
Yep, Comm Retreat was great. It gave us all opportunities to understand each other better, and helped us (me at least) to define where we stood in our faith and our relationship with God. And yes, the new comm has news for COSDUans - news that will shatter and change your lives for ever. Ok fine, I'm exagerrating, but trust me, this is news you definitely will want to hear and know asap. So do come down for this week's Friday session and you'll hear the announcement.
Back to the topic, on the first day of our retreat, we met in the chaplaincy, where Sister Theresa gave us our sessions for the day. Sister has this peaceful and quiet spirit that even when she speaks, you feel that she is listening to you at the same time. She speaks words of truth and understanding that brings us back to God's word and God himself, be it during retreats, sessions or casual chats. After our sessions, we headed out of the chaplaincy for our games, held by Bryant and Jean. They were fun! And I saw how competitive COSDUans can be... The games masters took a video of us playing the games, which I will post when I get it. It should be hilarious. Then we proceeded to Ramesh house for a stopover, then to YHA to check in, then to Rose Graden for dinner, and then to YHA to wash up. YHA has a rooftop balcony where we chilled and chatted, and took many pics of ourselves and the city. Yes, pics in the dark. It turned out well though, but not on my camera. We started a Praise and Worship sessions on the top bunks of our bed, talked about quite a few issues at hand and then went to sleep. I slept right through the orchestras and symphonies. =P
The next day we woke up and checked out, and then went for mass at St Augustine's. It's more charismatic and my first time there. I prefer St. Francis still, even though the songs there can get boring. We went for lunch at Nam Loong with bryant and his sister, and then went to an underground meeting room at St. Francis. So cool lah that place! Like some mafia gang having meeting like that. Or those type of generals discussing about war strategies. At the end of the meeting we were all seriously worn out, and that concluded our meeting and retreat.
The Simpsons is a fun movie but not worth watching in the cinema. There's this new show in which Nicole Kidman is acting, but I can't remember the name. Looks a bit like Narnia. Looks cool! But no one seems interested in watching it. Nvm save money.
I hate my timetable.
5.moon.sky
9:40 am
This picture was taken at a CSS 2006 Trivarsity Retreat at The Church of St. Teresa, by a fellow retreat cum CSS member.
Besides its bluish hue, I love how the shot was taken: from the church looking out to the city. We are often attracted by
the excitement that this world has to offer, but we should often be reminded that as Catholics, it is important
to look back at our selves to reflect, and to turn to God as often as it possible. For we are, afterall, children of God.
I thought of replacing this picture when I lost my template, but I could not find another so full of meaning and beauty to me.
It reminds me of my identities and roles - my spirituality, my God, my home, the people who read this blog, and of my own beauty.
Nicole
13 October 1987
(what do people usually say?)
a person of few words
unless you know me really well
but since you're reading this blog most likely you do
so whatever you don't already know about me you should be able to find it out here
anything else, just ask me
ninjaturtle87@hotmail.com
oh and don't bother asking me out
unless you want to go Down Under
mood: resigned
song in her head: wants to give you up. she knows you're not the one. not the one who understands her. not the one who wants to support her and love her for all her imperfections.
Get awesome blog templates
like this one from BlogSkins.com