skyblue Perspectives
5
.
moon
.
sky
Welcome.
Please give me your blog links, esp. if they have previously been on this blog. Thank you.
Thursday, August 23, 2007
Sorry if the pics in the previous post are a bit disturbing; I happened to be messaging with my phone and so might as well take some pics. Not stuff you'll get to see in Spore anw.
On sat we had a cosdu cooking comp between the guys and girls. Haha the guys won. What to do, got expert in there. Hey the girls werent too bad as well, we lost by only a small margin. Regardless of who won, we all got a prize - the food. =D Jean commented that I've been eating a lot here. Yah that's true actually. Cold weather, good food, and with nothing else to do, no sports to play, we can only cook and eat, or go out and eat. Shopping would be much more expensive. So would the movies.
Driving has been fun! I'm doing a manual car now and it's so hard to control my footworks! Really a good test of coordination. But I can 'feel' the car better than the previous week, so I've moved up to gear 3 and been on the main roads. It's a good thing I always brake too hard instead of accelerating too hard..
I received an email from OCF (Overseas Christian Fellowship) through the cosdu email, about a combined prayer meet at union house, and so I went for it today. The groups there included a few Protestant groups, Seven-Day Adventists, and a Catholic. As the response was overwhelming, we broke into two circles: one in the middle with one representative from each group, and the rest in the outer circle. Each representative shared what their club was about, what they did, what sort of problems or challenges they faced - prayer points. Then everyone will say a prayer out loud for that club altogether, so the total effect sounded like Greek, and after the 'noise' stopped, any two people would say a prayer for that club. Then during my turn, after I shared, the organiser James was just giving a brief intro on Catholics, and that even though we have doctrinal differences, we still worship the same God. Exactly. We have so much more similarities than differences, but people only see the differences. Then when someone was praying for us, she mentioned something about each group being unique and playing different roles. That's really what it is about. Each different denomination playing different roles, feeding different people, catering to different tastes (since we're talking abt food). We all have different ways, practices, different emphasis, different roles. Same God, same goal.
We were never on the same basis of comparison.
5.moon.sky
9:42 pm
This picture was taken at a CSS 2006 Trivarsity Retreat at The Church of St. Teresa, by a fellow retreat cum CSS member.
Besides its bluish hue, I love how the shot was taken: from the church looking out to the city. We are often attracted by
the excitement that this world has to offer, but we should often be reminded that as Catholics, it is important
to look back at our selves to reflect, and to turn to God as often as it possible. For we are, afterall, children of God.
I thought of replacing this picture when I lost my template, but I could not find another so full of meaning and beauty to me.
It reminds me of my identities and roles - my spirituality, my God, my home, the people who read this blog, and of my own beauty.
Nicole
13 October 1987
(what do people usually say?)
a person of few words
unless you know me really well
but since you're reading this blog most likely you do
so whatever you don't already know about me you should be able to find it out here
anything else, just ask me
ninjaturtle87@hotmail.com
oh and don't bother asking me out
unless you want to go Down Under
mood: resigned
song in her head: wants to give you up. she knows you're not the one. not the one who understands her. not the one who wants to support her and love her for all her imperfections.
Get awesome blog templates
like this one from BlogSkins.com